‘To provide Northern Tasmanians with the highest possible standard of Ophthalmic care’
Our team has been providing specialist Ophthalmic care for over 20 years including laser vision correction, cataract surgery, glaucoma, cornea, medical and surgical retina, as well as oculoplastics.
We have introduced several changes to ensure that your consultation with our doctors is as safe as possible.
• Wearing of face masks. Please ensure you bring your own mask;
• Temperature check on arrival;
• Hand sanitising stations and reduced spacing waiting rooms;
• Patients are required to use the Check in Tas App or enter manually on a contact tracing sheet in the event of contract tracing
To assist us to provide a safe environment and ensure social distancing is maintained we ask that:
• You only arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time;
• Only the patient will be allowed to enter the practice unless a carer is required;
• You follow all directions on the signage and from staff
If you are UNWELL with ANY INFECTIOUS SYMPTOMS do not enter the practice and call Public Health hotline on 1800 671 738 for advice and management.
Please be aware if you are unwell and attend our practice you are putting yourself, our patients and our staff at risk.
Thank you for your patience and support during this difficult time
- Laser Vision Correction
- Retinal Disease
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Paediatrics and Genetics
- Eye Injuries and Emergencies
Laser Vision Correction
If you are interested in having Laser Vision Correction, please visit our Laser Vision Correction page for information about the procedure, the benefits and fees involved.
Launceston Eye Doctors is now offering free initial Laser Vision Correction screening to see if you are a suitable canidate for the procedure.
Please phone 6334 0000 for an obligation-free screening today!
View all of our treatment options on our treatments page.